Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TIPS ON HOW TO GET INTO STERLING COOPER

You want in but you don't have the key. What should you do? Every aspiring secretary believes they have the administrative chops to be part of the best advertising agency in town. Here is a list of things you can do to help them notice you.

1. Make sure you do indeed have the chops. Take every class you can, from filing papers to typing quickly on your Olivetti. I recommend Katherine Gibbs.

2. Interviews can be tough so make sure you are prepared. Even an excellent secretary can get nervous, It happens to the best of us. I know. It's called stage fright. Do not believe that ridiculous myth that you should picture them naked for you will only be titillated which will only distract you further. So try titillating them instead, that might just do the trick.

3. Think (but not too much) outside the box. You've sent your Curriculum Vitae in repeatedly and cried out to the postman
"Wait a minute Mister Postman, please Mister Postman, look and see If there's a letter in your bag for me. Why's it takin' such a long time for me to hear from that job I wish were mine. There must be some word today from HR on Madison Way.
Please Mister Postman, look and see If there's a letter of recruitment awaiting me.

I've been standin' here waitin' Mister Postman so very patiently. For just a card, or just a letter sayin' that they are ready for me.

So many days you passed me by. See the tears standin' in my eyes. You didn't stop to make me feel better by leavin' me a Sterling Cooper engraved card or letter."

So Chin up and chest out! Nobody likes a cry baby! Go ahead and be a little deviant by catching their attention through other means, I know I am... Laura Schiff, Carrie Audino are you listening? Perhaps I'll get the Postman to deliver the message...

No comments:

Post a Comment